Terms of Service
We (the good people at Mapduh) run a Website and web site mapping service called Mapduh and would love for you to use it. Our free account is, of course, free, and we offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as additional maps, additional places, and extra storage. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your map as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you create and effectively publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your map or get linked to or from your map (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
You can browse our examples of maps to get a sense of the types of maps that are welcome on our service. If you find a Mapduh map that you believe violates our terms of service, please check our support page.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Mapduh, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Mapduh Account and Map. If you create a map or multiple maps on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the discussions of your account and maps, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the map. You must not describe or assign keywords to your map in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Mapduh may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Mapduh liability. You must immediately notify Mapduh of any unauthorized uses of your map, your account or any other breaches of security. Mapduh will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.If you operate a map, comment on a map, add material to the Website, add links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to add or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your map is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other maps and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your map is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your map’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Mapduh or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Mapduh for inclusion on your Website, you grant Mapduh a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your map. If you delete Content, Mapduh will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Mapduh has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Mapduh’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Mapduh’s reasonable opinion, violates any Mapduh policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Mapduh’s sole discretion. Mapduh will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional paid services such as additional maps, additional places, extra storage are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Mapduh the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service (additional payment terms specifically for Pro Mappership services are described below). Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify Mapduh before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your Map Manager’s dashboard.
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Mappership account you agree to pay Mapduh the monthly fees and Mappership fees indicated athttp://mapduh.com/mappership/ in exchange for the services listed at http://mapduh.com/mappership/. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your Mappership is established and in advance of using such services. Mapduh reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Mapperships can be canceled by you at anytime on 30 days written notice to Mapduh.
- Support. Mapperships include access to priority email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by Mapduh to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the Mappership Services. “Priority” means that support for Mappership customers takes priority over support for users of the standard, free Mapduh mapging services. All Mappership Services support will be provided in accordance with Mapduh standard Mappership practices, procedures and policies.
March 8, 2011: Added “Advertising” paragraph.