MapDuh for iOS FAQ
- Is the MapDuh App Free?
- Where Can I download the App?
- Which devices will this work with?
- I get an “Unable to read the MapDuh maps on that URL” error message. What do I do ?
- I get a “Map returned invalid data” error message. What do I do?
- I created a map and mapped some places, but why are No Icons showing?
- I can’t upload photos/videos, I get a “Failed” error message. What do I need to do?
- Can I adjust the size of photos uploaded from the app?
- I can save places to local in my App but can’t figure out how to Map It to my map— what do I need to do?
- How do I delete a map?
- I’m bored with the default icons on my map! How do I fix that?
- Can I use SSL to encrypt the App communication?
Is the MapDuh App free?
Yes. Mapduh for iOS is completely free.
Where Can I download the App?
You can get Mapduh for iOS at the Apple App Store download here
Which devices will MapDuh work with?
The App works with any device that is running iOS version 5 or greater.
I get an “Unable to connect to your maps MapDuh maps” error message. What do I do ?
1. Ensure that you’ve typed in your username and password correctly.
2. If it’s correct, make sure you have permission to the specific map you want to add.
3. Turn on the ‘Debug’, under “Settings” in the iOS app. This enables extended log format, and check the log file iExplorer.
I get a “Map returned invalid data” error message. what do I do?
1. A common issue that can cause errors with the App is invalid characters in your map content. The easiest way to check is to go to the W3C Markup Validator and type in the URL of your map. If you get a response such as “… one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as UTF-8″ that is most likely what is causing the app to have trouble with your Map.
I created a map and mapped some places, but why are No Icons showing?
Icons need to be enabled on a new Mapegory. You can head over to Mapduh.com and go to Map > Customize (tab) > Set Custom Icons. Find your “mapegory” and check that the Checkbox is enabled, and click Save/Icon.
I can’t upload photos/videos, I get a “Failed” error message. What do I need to do?
Please be sure you have not exceeded the 1GB limit for uploaded media on your free map. You can find this information by logging in to your Mapduh.com account, going to Map and clicking on Photos. It will give you a warning if you are at your upload limit. You can upgrade to get mor disk space for geotagging photos and videos.
Additional info here.
Can I adjust the size of photos uploaded from the app?
You can choose whether to have photos resized for faster uploading. You can choose between predefined dimensions (small/medium/large) or setting a custom resize dimension.
I can save places to local in my App but can’t figure out how to Map It to my map— what do I need to do?
When you are ready to Map It, change the status of the place (from the Settings screen) to “Mapped” and then tap “Save.”
How do I delete a map?
In Settings, swipe your finger from left to right over the title of the map. A “Remove” button will then appear. Tap “Remove” to remove the map.
I’m bored with the default icons on my map! How do I fix that?
- Go to the map on Mapduh.com and click on “Customize” tab.
- Under Add Map Icons click the “pencil” icon to upload new icons and then click the “save” icon.
- You use any icon you and you can find icons here: Get Free Map Icons Here
Can I use SSL to encrypt the App communication?
No. Currently we do not support the https protocol. If this changes will let you know.
For more information please contact support at help (at symbol) mapduh (period) com.